IT'S CHOCOLATE MONTH


Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Sugar Happy!



Lollipops, chocolate, cake, and more sugary delights: a little kid's favorite snacks... And a parent's headache. They worry that their kids will get a sugar rush, and be hyper. But is this true at all? Nope. I mean, it might cause a shorter attention span according to a study conducted by a Dr. Wesnes, but not hyperactivity. In fact, "through various experiments over the years, scientists have discovered that no substantial evidence exists to support the claim that sugar causes hyperactivity" (http://www.yalescientific.org).

So why did people start believing this? I can see why a parent might make this connection. I LOVE candy and sugar, whenever I see a see a sweet, sugary concoction being presented before me, I get really happy like:
happy joy kermit best day ever stoked
So maybe parents made this connection based on kids' reaction to sweets? Or maybe its an excuse not to indulge kids with late night snacks? Either way, once eaten, the sugary sweets can't physically cause hyperactivity. Do with this info as you will. I'm gonna go eat a honey bun. And a cheesecake slice. And maybe a chocolate bar.

Verdict: FALSE

1 comment: